by Jason Ruch
For all you salmon lovers, the Di Bruno Bros. Seafood Department now offers high quality, fully sustainable, wild King Salmon fillets. These fish come directly from New Zealand, which we receive several times a week. Not to be confused with the Alaskan King, these salmon from “down under” run all year-round and feast on a variety of South Pacific plants and shellfish. Due to their unique diets and geographical location, these fish have superior flavor and texture, in comparison to other wild salmon.
From home kitchens to 5 star restaurants, this salmon is quickly becoming a staple in the seafood pantheon. One of the most frequent questions that we get is how to prepare such a gorgeous fillet. After sifting through tons of recipes, we actually chose one that was brought to us by one of our long-time customers. She was thrilled to share her secret recipe with us and with all of you out there in the blogosphere:
Chipotle Lime Salmon
1 lb New Zealand King salmon, cut into 2 fillets
2 limes, sliced in half
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tsp Di Bruno Bros. chipotle powder
1 tsp grey sea salt
4 glasses of red wine
1. Preheat oven to 475°, enjoy one glass of wine for yourself
2. Pat fillets dry and place on a metal baking sheet
3. Rub each fillet with olive oil, enjoy second glass of wine
4. Squeeze the juice from one lime onto each fillet
5. Sprinkle fillets with salt and chipotle, then place a half lime on top of each fillet
6. Place salmon in oven and cook for 8 minutes. During this time, feel free to have your third glass of wine.
7. Once done, let sit for a few minutes and serve. Enjoy with another glass of red wine!
We’ve tried this, and it was a total hit. For any other customers who celebrate food as much as we do, feel free to pop on in and share your tips or recipes. They might just make it to the blog!