Dispatch Driver (Commissary Kitchen)
The Dispatch Driver is responsible for ensuring that every interaction with Di Bruno Bros.’ clients, both internal and external, exceed their expectation of the Di Bruno Bros.’ experience. This individual will ensure that orders are ready for delivery, load deliveries in to Company vehicles or transportation devices and execute delivery to the client.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide superior customer service as defined by Di Bruno Bros. within the scope of Company policy
- Perform job duties in a manner consistent with Di Bruno Bros.’ philosophy by maximizing productivity and customer service
- Maintain a positive, can-do attitude and help instill that same attitude within entire team
- Maintain customer satisfaction through adherence to policies and continually exceeding customer expectations
- Maintain Standard Operation Procedures for presentation and packaging standards
- Communicate any changes or needs to the Dispatch Manager
- Ensure that product deliveries are executed in a timely manner and to customer specifications
- Bring any customer issues to the attention of the Dispatch Manager
- Organize and maintain Catering and Dispatch equipment and storage areas
- Complete daily dry list, side work and cleaning duties as assigned by the Dispatch Manager
- Assist to receive and store any product being delivered
- Maintain cleanliness and order and oversee maintenance of all Company vehicles. Immediately report any accidents or violations to Dispatch Manager
- Maintain cleanliness of all carts, totes and racks used for delivery. This equipment should be cleaned and sanitized daily and power washed on a regular basis as scheduled by the Dispatch Manager.
- Additional operational duties as assigned
- Must have a valid (unexpired) driver’s license and be able and willing to drive Company vehicles including large vans and box trucks
- Knowledge of Center City, Philadelphia and surrounding areas
- Ability to communicate clearly with customers and fellow Associates
- Ability to read, write and count to accurately complete all documentation
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Excellent organizational, planning and analytical skills and close attention to detail
- Excellent customer service, leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to move or handle up to 50 lbs. of product and orders without help; up to 100 lbs of product and orders with assistance
- Ability to work varied hours/days as dictated by business
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Ability to find timely solutions to issues that can occur when delivering orders
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the Associate is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The Associate will be required to drive a Company vehicle. The Associate is required to stand for the majority of their shift and will frequently be required to walk or stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The Associate will occasionally be required to sit and climb, balance or drive. The Associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds without assistance and occasionally move up to 100 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The performance of this position requires that the Associate come into contact with both co-workers and the public. The Associate will be required to work both indoors in a kitchen, warehouse and office setting and outdoors when assisting with deliveries. Hot and cold product must be handled. The individual will also be required to drive and work in and around Company vehicles.
Due to the nature of our industry, the performance of this position will require the individual to spend time in a facility in which he/she will be exposed, either directly or indirectly, to potential food allergens including (but not limited to): peanuts, gluten, corn, egg, fish, milk, shellfish, soy, tree nut and wheat.