The primary purpose of the Junior Bookkeeper is to provide administrative and clerical support to the Accounting team. As a member of the Administrative Support Team, this individual is required to maintain strict confidentiality in regards to all Company information and data and to provide exemplary service to both internal and external customers at all times.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide superior customer service as defined by Di Bruno Bros. within the scope of the position and Company policy
- Provide administrative support to the finance department, including:
- Logging of invoices in master receiving log
- Filing of paid and unpaid invoices, statements and financial paperwork
- Cut checks from accounting’s list of vendors to pay
- Pulling invoices for weekly check runs
- Performing bank runs as necessary
- Communicate with vendors regarding payable-related issues
- Mailing and processing correspondence
- Working with QuickBooks to answer vendor inquiries and assist in accounts payable functions.
- Maintain stock of office supplies and uniform orders and place orders to replenish necessary items on a regular basis
- Provide support and assist with special projects as requested, photocopying and binding as necessary
- Maintain A/P balances and communicate this to management at cash flow meetings
- Replenish and reconcile petty cash
- Maintain current reports on all assignments and projects
- Additional duties as assigned
- Associates Degree and 1-3 years of Bookkeeping responsibility in a similar role or equivalent education and experience
- Excellent finance, mathematical and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate clearly with customers, vendors, employees and co-workers
- Ability to read and write accurately and clearly to complete all documentation and record keeping
- Ability to maintain organization while multi-tasking and prioritizing
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the individual is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The individual is required to sit for the majority of their shift and will frequently be required to stand, bend or stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The individual will occasionally be required to stand or balance. The individual must regularly lift and/or move up to 5 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The performance of this position requires that the individual come into contact with co-workers. For the most part, ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment is found in the office and administrative areas. This position may require that the individual move around the retail store. Kitchen areas may be hot or cold, and floors may be slippery.
Due to the nature of our industry, the performance of this position will require the individual to spend time in a facility in which he/she will be exposed, either directly or indirectly, to potential food allergens including (but not limited to): peanuts, gluten, corn, egg, fish, milk, shellfish, soy, tree nut and wheat.