Produce Team Leader (Rittenhouse)
The primary purpose of the Produce Team Leader is to maintain responsibility for the operation and financial results of the Produce Department at Di Bruno Bros. The Team Leader will train and manage department personnel and supervise/coordinate all related retail activities. He/she will use their advanced knowledge of our products to educate our customers about the produce available at Di Bruno Bros. This individual is responsible for ensuring that we exceed customer expectations, develop our Associates and meet both Company and departmental objectives
Essential Job Functions
- Provide superior customer service as defined by Di Bruno Bros. within the scope of the position and Company policy
- Responsible for overall direction, coordination, evaluation and financial results of the Produce Department at Di Bruno Bros.
- Manage staff in a manner consistent with Di Bruno Bros. philosophy of Servant Leadership by maximizing productivity, customer service and Associate satisfaction:
- Conduct employment interviews, performance appraisals and the administration of rewards and discipline as necessary
- Provide orientation and training to Produce personnel in departmental and Company rules, policies and procedures
- Responsible for scheduling Associates to ensure high efficiency, labor within budget and a timely check out for guests
- Ensure the compliance of Associates with established policies, procedures and practices
- Ensure that all federal, state, local and Company regulations and standards for product freshness, safety, refrigeration, sanitation and weights and measures are met.
- Maintain presentation and quality standards in the Produce department
- Conduct continuous daily inspections and testing of all produce to ensure that Company standards are met
- Ensure proper equipment operation and maintenance by coordinating scheduled and preventative maintenance
- Creative merchandising, including the building of effective displays
- Responsible for inventory control and ordering for the Produce department
- Monitor department budgets and payroll including COG, labor and expenses
- Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise
- Participate in receiving and monitoring floor stock
- Educate customers about the produce available in the store; initiate suggestive selling and sampling of products
- Communicate with Senior Management to solve problems and improve quality and service
- Additional duties as assigned
- A minimum of 3 years in produce retail
- Highly developed working knowledge of produce operational principals and understands seasonality of produce
- Ability to effectively manage a department, train and cross-train staff
- Superior customer service skills
- Experience in inventory, ordering procedures, shrink control and vendor relations
- Ability to communicate with customers and fellow Associates
- Ability to read, write and count to accurately complete all documentation
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions, both verbal and written
- Ability to incrementally impact sales in a positive manner
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Ability to move or handle merchandise throughout the store
- Ability to work varied hours/days as dictated by business.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the individual is regularly required to use hands to finger, grasp, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The individual is required to stand for the majority of their shift and will frequently be required to walk or stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The individual will occasionally be required to sit and climb or balance. The individual must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move over 75 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The performance of this position requires that the individual come into contact with both co-workers and the public. For the most part, cool room temperatures and lighting are found as in a typical retail store. This individual may occasionally be required to work in very cold temperatures. Floors may occasionally be slippery.
Due to the nature of our industry, the performance of this position will require the individual to spend time in a facility in which he/she will be exposed, either directly or indirectly, to potential food allergens including (but not limited to): peanuts, gluten, corn, egg, fish, milk, shellfish, soy, tree nut and wheat.